[ddots-l] Re: asio or wdm

  • From: "Dan Rugman" <danrugman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 00:15:31 +0100

Asio isn't better it's just different. The point is that some hardware/software configs work better with one than with the other. Some people, and I mean pros who really know there stuff, feel that Sonar is better with WDM and CueBase is better with ASIO and that's that.

Incidentally, GiggerSampler also has its own drivers that not all cards support and it wont work unless you have them. Not exactly relevant but it just makes the point that there are no rights and wrongs, just a very strange juggling act.

Dan
----- Original Message ----- From: "HF" <neep23@xxxxxxxxxx>