[ddots-l] any recommendations for firewire express card for laptop

  • From: russell Bourgoin <rusty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 14:47:42 -0400

Hi Friends,

I had become totally frustrated with the ederol fa66 external firewire soundcard and forgot about trying anything on my adk laptop. I recently got ambitious and purchased a Mark of the Unicorn (MOTU) UltraLite 10x14 FireWire Interface with MIDI

While my laptop has a builtin firewire port, I'd like to add another so I can use both an external drive and this motu, which looks to be far less frustrating than did my previous model. Scott, from adk computers, says I need an express card for this machine.

Two questions: Does this soundcard, for which I cannot find an english manual, operate in firewire 400 or 800, and secondly, has anyone any experience with a good firewire express card for a laptop? Any and all info is totally appreciated.

Rusty

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

check out my site at:
www.thesoundzone.com