[ddots-l] Re: a question

  • From: "Phil Muir" <philmuir1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 08:13:11 -0000

HI Joey!!

You can open files created in Sonar 2 in Sonar 3 and 4 however, if you need to
save the file after
altering it then, you won't be able to open it again in Sonar 2.  If you want
to open the unaltered
file in Sonar 2, when you save the file in Sonar 3 or 4, rename it.  That way
you will be able to
open the unaltered version of the file that was created in Sonar 2.  This is
because you will have
two .cwp files.

Regarding VSampler, well, you could leave your Sonar 3 installation intact thus
keeping VSampler on
your system or, you could download the full version from there site.  The
cereal number that you
have will allow you to use it from within Sonar however, it won't allow you to
use VSampler as a
stand alone soft synthe with other sequencing packages.  VSampler doesn't ship
with Sonar 4 so, you
will need to use one of the options as outlined above.