[ddots-l] Re: a new computer

  • From: "Phil Muir" <ddots@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 17:36:21 +0100

You could look at a duel quod core system.  If you live in the US then, Dancing
Dots sell audio systems or, you may want to discuss this with ether Jim
Roseberry or, Scot Reams.  Both of these guys build audio systems for a living.
 I have found both Jim and Scott very helpful indeed.  You will find Jim's
website at:

www.studiocat.com/

and Scot's site over at:

www.liquiddaw.com/

Regarding operating systems, I would personally stick with Windows XP 32 bit
for the moment.  Vista 32 bit just isn't there yet, with regard to screen
reader support.  All audio guys that I know are staying well away from Vista.
Also, don't attempt to put any more than 3 gigs of RAM in a machine running
Windows XP 32 bit, as it will become unstable.

Regards, Phil Muir
P J Muir Productions
Music And Audio Production