[ddots-l] Re: Would this horn section be accessible?

  • From: Bryan Smart <bryansmart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 13:55:16 -0500

Memory doesn't help you. The automap software gives you a visual representation
of the keyboard's physical control panel. You must click on the virtual version
of the controls, that Jaws can't see, in order to set the plug in parameters
that they will control.

Of course, it is possible that he's using ACT, and not Automap.

I have the Novation controller because the build quality of the key bed is
spectacular for a USB keyboard controller. I've played most synth action models
from M-Audio, Edirol, and a few from Akai. They're terrible. They're nothing
like a professional keyboard. There are the really great controllers from CME,
but they're quite expensive. The Novation controllers feel a lot like the
unweighted Motif XS keyboard. $600 for the 61 key model isn't outrageously
expensive, either.

Bryan