[ddots-l] Re: Working With Loops.

  • From: "Michael Christer" <mc3203@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 01:30:59 +0100

Hey there Ernest!

Working with loops is simply a question of importing them in to Sonar!
Whilst within a project, just go to the file menu, and either press I, (for
import), followed by M, (for audio), or cursor down till you get to import and
press enter.
Next, you simply tab/cursor your way to the location of the loop you want to
import, highlight it, and press enter!

If the said loop hasn't been Acidized, then do the following to elasticize it
in Sonar:

Select the track on which the loop resides, then highlight the loop by
selecting the bars which it occupies.  Then, press Alt E, followed by L, and
it'll fit to the particular time/bpm you've selected for the project.

By the way, you can only import an audio loop to an audio track, and it's
always a good idea to make sure you're at the top of the actual bar at which
you wish the loop to begin!

Good luck

Mike