[ddots-l] Re: Using new Technology On Stage Such As The Zoom H4n

  • From: "Steve Wicketts" <steve.wicketts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 00:00:13 +0100

Hi Dave,

The only problem I have with mini disc is, it's slow to record your set in and each backing track needs to be in the right order. I'd rather have the pain of putting the set together in the comfort of my own home than be on stage trying to pad to the audience whilst sorting out a track listing problem.

My show as one liners and anecdotes between songs, I can't be listening to Jaws whilst interacting with my audience.

The venues I perform never know before hand that I can't see, therefore, I feel I need to be more professional and more competent than a sighted performer.

I've not come across anything to replace the Mini Disc as yet.

Steve W

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dave Hillebrandt" <dave@xxxxxxxx>