[ddots-l] Using Input Monitoring with the Behringer Xenyx 2222 Mixer

  • From: Kelly Sapergia <ksapergia@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2010 22:53:26 -0600

Hi,
I just rented a Behringer Xenyx 2222 mixer today. So far, it's not bad, though I can't get it to stop muting the output from a soloed channel (in other words, so I can hear something like JAWS, but without it getting into a recording). Shortly after getting the board hooked up, I started Sonar and loaded my vocoder template. Since the vocoder's a real-time effect, I turned on Input Echo so I could hear it's output as I play the part it's going to "sing". Compared to my previous mixer, a PV RQ-2314, I'm impressed with this board's soloing feature. I could hear the Lexicon Pantheon reverb setting I use in full stereo and everything, whereas on the PV, the soloed channels were always in mono. Now, before going any further, I should explain that I don't have a clue what all the buttons do at the moment. On each channel, you have the standard Mute button, followed by a row of three other buttons. I know the first one is for soloing a channel, but am not sure what the other two are called. All I know is if I want to listen to and record anything on a particular channel, I have to press the bottom button. So I did that for the channels where my M-Audiophile 2496 card is connected, and a feedback loop started when I began playing with the vocoder. All these issues I've described might be because of the way the mixer's set up. Is anyone else on this list using this board, and if so, how do you get it to work properly?
  Thanks.

Yours Sincerely,
Kelly John Sapergia
For information regarding my Internet radio shows, links to my favorite sites, and more, visit my personal website at http://www.ksapergia.net/. If you need jingles, voiceovers and music for your project at an affordable price, visit KJS Productions at: http://www.kjsproductions.com/.