[ddots-l] Re: UPS info

  • From: "Shawn Brock" <shawn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 14:27:54 -0700

You can't beat the Godin stuff.

I use the Multiac nylon stuff on gigs and to drive the Roland. For recording I go mostly unplugged, but I use the Godin for the rare plugged tune I record on nylon. I have a "cost deal". Going to get one of the La Patrie guitars soon for acoustic recording.

I was asked if I would be interested in a deal with Carvin, they also make a lot of guitars with synth access. The NS1, (nylon synth guitar), is just a clear rip-off of the Godin. Carvin has some features which I like better. They offer knobs as aposed to sliders, and the knobs are stacked, (guitar volume on bottom, synth volume on top). Plus the knobs are below the bridge in more of a standard electric guitar fashion. They also offer a lot of color and neck options, and the Graph-Tech, ( spelling?) pickups. The Graph-Tech stuff is a little better in my opinion, but its still a Carvin. The body isn't chambered at all, and it just feels like an electric guitar that was hotrodded to me.

I'm past taking stuff just because its free. Plus, no one wants to give away free stuff anymore. I would rather just play what I like to play, even if it costs me money. I have never gotten a free instrument which I liked...

The Axon products are better than Roland in a lot of ways. I just don't like the fact that you have to rack mount them, and you have to pay extra for the expression peddles. I like that the Roland is all in one box. Like I said though, Axon is better.

I use line6 amps, and they are good for what they are. That don't mean they are as good as a Fender twin or a Marshall Stack, but they bring both worlds together somewhat for a lot less money...

Shawn Brock
----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Smart" <csmart8@xxxxxxxxx>