[ddots-l] Soundfont

  • From: "Chi Kim" <chigookkim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 08:23:22 -0400

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is discussed or not, but I'm really excited to post this.
I just tested Vienna, the sound font editor, for 5 hours, and it works very well with jaws.
I'm very amazed that I can make a decent sound font with wave file.
You can even set the sustain boundary with Jaws. You just punch sample number.
Also, asigning the velocity to a certain sample seems to work, but it's just a lot of work.
After I figured out how it all works, I was able to make two simple drum kits in 10 minutes without asigning different sample for different velocity.
This is going to be very valuable sampler which is accessible for us.
I haven't sceen any other sampler that I can really control all the parameters.
Download vienna from sound blaster website, and play with it by reading the help file.
It's not that complicated. Only downside is that you have to rout jaws and pc frequently.
This is going to be really kick ass plan for the summer, making my own sound font.
You can chop off vocal from wav file and play on keyboard, and it's really cool!
I definitely recommend to spend sometimes to play with vienna; it'd be a good investment.
Well, if this is old news, I'm sorry. I'm just too excited since I was looking for a sampler for a while.

Chi ** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-