[ddots-l] Re: Sound Card Advice and recommendations

  • From: Chris Smart <csmart8@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 12:08:54 -0400

Darren, you should check out the Focusrite Saffire Pro series. Amazing bang for your buck.

Various units are available, depending on how many ins and outs you need, but all share the same converters, mic preamps, headphone amp, balanced outs, MIDI firewire, S/PDIF in/out etc. The drivers are solid and hot spot sets have been developed for the control pannel software.

I prefer the sound of a more expensive external DAC, so I run firewire to the Saffire, S/PDIF from it to the DAC, and XLR to my powered monitors. Very simple and sounds amazing!

Chris