[ddots-l] Re: Sound Card Advice and recommendations

  • From: Chris Smart <csmart8@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 12:13:17 -0400

At 11:38 AM 7/29/2011, you wrote:
Have you considered the MOTU line of boxes? Do you have any rack space available?

Be aware that their Cuemix FX application is inaccessible, unless someone wants to develop rather complex hot spot sets for it.

People seem to have good luck with the 2408 though, and the older 828 896 etc. MK 2 boxes, those are the units without onboard DSP effects.

I had an 828MK3 for awhile and found it buggy, along with having very little access to Cuemix FX. If I had gotten an 828 MK2, I would have had more success.

When my 828 MK3 worked reliably, it did sound really nice though!

Chris