[ddots-l] Sonar Loop View

  • From: "Jay Pilkington" <Jay@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 21:19:06 -0600

This is my first posting to this list, and taking a risk that what I'm about to ask isn't so mind-numbingly stupid as to defy the most patient of you folks. Here we go.

Is it necessary for me to have a MIDI device connected in order to hear audio loops while in the Loop View?

I'm using an M-Audio external USB card, and its been working just great. I brought it home with my laptop from the studio, and though I can still import a loop to an audio track, and even hear it in playback, I can't hear any loops in Loop View. The only difference in what I'm doing here at home as opposed to the studio is that I don't have any MIDI keyboard connected here.

If this is indeed the case, is there a work-around? I just wanted to do some loop construction over the weekend.

Thanks in advance for your help.

In His abiding presence,

Jay Pilkington, Director of Worship and Music
Alive In Christ, Phone:  573-499-0443 X203

"The LORD is near to the brokenhearted, And saves those who are crushed in spirit." (Ps 34:18 NAS)