[ddots-l] Re: Sonar 8.5 after the patch

  • From: Steve Matzura <sm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 21:57:58 -0500

On Mon, 4 Jan 2010 12:43:28 -0500, you wrote:

>Yes, it really is weird that the people at Cakewalk overlooked that
>important detail.  After you install SONAR 8.5.2, and check the information
>under SONAR's Help | About, you will read that you are running SONAR 8.5!
>No reference to the .2 version.

I thought I was hearing things! LOL! Scared the mess outa me until I
figured out in other ways that the update had gone through
successfully.

>Not good.  Thanks, Steve, for mentioning that detail which I neglected to
>include in my message to our list.

Also, please see about mentioning that the CakeTalking version you
download and install has the .40 on the end of its version number. You
don't get to hear that until the installation is complete. I was
holding my breath, thinking I might have selected, downloaded, and
installed the wrong thing because there is no mention of the .40
update in any version number displayed.