[ddots-l] Re: Sonar 8 point five question

  • From: Bryan Smart <bryansmart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 10:06:18 -0400

Transients are, generally, moments of significant activity on a track. On an
audio track,, they're usually a strong portion of sound, such as the beginning
of a word, the start of a drum strike or instrument note, etc. On MIDI tracks,
they're a MIDI event. Technically, it's more complicated, and, at least for
audio, relates to Audiosnap. In general terms, though, pressing tab will
advance you to the next sound or MIDI event on the track. This is a profoundly
useful tool, once you get to grips with the possibilities.

Bryan