[ddots-l] Sonar 4 installation problem

  • From: "Kim" <jbkim72@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 07:56:35 -0500

Hi all,

First, I am new at this and am itching to get going but as you will see I am
having trouble.  I am using Win XP Home SP2 with all updates and all spyware
and virus detection applications shut down with no firewall running.

I reach a screen after making all the choices as to what I want to install
and get a message telling me it wants to install Destinations.MSI and the
source
cannot be found.  Here is what the screen says exactly.  I used the JAWS
virtualize current window for this.

graphic 372  Destinations
The feature you are trying to use is on a graphic 85 OKCD-ROM or other
removable disk that is not
available. Cancel
Insert the 'Destinations' disk and click OK.
Use source:
1 Browse...

I have tried browsing the CD for the file location with no luck.  I have
done a search for the file with no luck.  If I click the cancel button I get
Windows error 1706 that installation cannot continue and I have to click
OK.  If I keep clicking the cancel button eventually the installer will move
on
but I have to do this about 6 times and answer OK everytime to the 1706.
This would seem to be something it is looking for on the CD.  I've looked on
the Cakewalk site and done a search with no luck.  I've run the update from
the Microsoft site and also have DirectX 9C and ran the DirectX utility.

Has anyone come upon this problem?  Has everything installed?  If not what
can I do?  I've also sent a message to Cakewalk support as well.

Thanks,
Kim

** [mailto:ddots-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subjectúq]