[ddots-l] Re: Sonar 4 information.

  • From: "David Eagle" <deagle_889@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 18:53:45 -0000

Ok! this is what I have done.

I make sure winamp is routed to my soundcard that sonar records from. Go to
preferences in winamp by pressing control p. Press the letter o and select
waveout, then tab to configur. press enter on that, and select your
soundcard from the list. Then press enter, and tab to close and enter on it.

Next you must make sure sonar is going to record the sound that's coming
straight from winamp. Oftn, sound cards will have a button that means you
can rout it straight tothe soundcard, but maybe yours doesn't. Sounds and
audio divices in control panel, tab to the audio page, and on recording
volume, make sure the volume control that isn'    t line in, or mic is
checked. I don't think jaws gives it a name. Press record in sonar, and
start a file in winamp. We'll come to the pacemaker next. Find a file with a
steady beat obviously. Stop winamp and then check to see if the file has
recorded. If it has then:

Play the file back. OPen the pacemaker plugin, which I@ve explained how to
install on the other email. OPen the plugin with control and P for
preferences, then press the letter d for dsp plugins, tab to the list where
you select the plugins and find pacemaker. press enter on it and you're
ready to mix. Try and atch the tempos of hte two songs. The one in sonar and
the one playing in winamp. Inscidentally, you have to press control and f6
to get in to preferences from the pacemaker, then close that so you can play
another file in winamp. All this is very confusing and just something I do,
and can't remember how I did it at first. Match the tempos up by the same
way as mentioned above, in preferences and dsp. Pressing enter on the plugin
will open it. you press tab for the diferent options, tempo speed and pitch.
Play around with them till its beat matched with the sonar file. Then go to
sonar, mute and unarm the track you recorded last and start a new track
recording. Play the file in winamp. The rest is simple. You unmute the first
track, select the second track from when the music starts till the end and
cut. then when you get to the part of the first track you want to mix in to,
you paste it. It should be beat matched. If its not perfect, I often like to
keep cutting and pasting the track to get it in line continuously. This
makes for a nice digital sample kind of effect.

I bet that was a far too rubbish explanation to understand. If you're really
interested and couldn't follow that, I'm sure we can work it out in
instalments.

Enjoy the confusion.

Dave