[ddots-l] Re: Something Happens In Sonar

  • From: "Gordon Kent" <dbmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 10:37:50 -0400

Susan:
Some of those built-in audio cards have the headphone out controled separately
from the windows mixer ap.  I can’t imagine why switching the monitor to
another system would turn off the audio engine.  I assume you are using a kvm
switch box for this.  Does the switch box have a power supply or at least a
plug for one?  You might want to try it with an external supply so that it
doesn’t have to get power from the computer’s monitor port.  Switching from one
to another might be causing a surge or something.
Gord