[ddots-l] Re: Something Happens In Sonar

  • From: Chris Smart <csmart8@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 00:09:13 -0400

I'm not sure power options have anything to do with this.
Do you have Windows and Jaws set to use the onboard sound chip, and Sonar set to use your Motu? That's definitely how you want to configure things.

At 11:57 PM 9/12/2011, you wrote:
I don't know why, but when I press record, then when I press stop after recording, JAWS won't speak to me. Right now, I have both JAWS and my main Windows Audio, as well as the music I make, coming out the MOTU. I want to have JAWS and the Windows audio come out of the Realtech HD Audio Sound Card, but when I do that, I don't hear anything when I plug the headphones into the jack on top of my computer's tower. Also, if I happen to switch the monitor over to my other machine while recording or playing, the audio engine turns completely off. Is there a way to fix it so that the Audio Engine isn't affected when I switch the monitor between my music machine and my documents machine? I've tried looking at the power options in Windows 7, but that didn't do anything. Please help!

No virus found in this message.