[ddots-l] Re: Some Tracks I Recorded Here

  • From: "Phil Muir" <ddots@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 17:29:59 -0000

Hi Neville!!

Thanks for that.  I just do the standard stuff.

First, make sure that the arangements for the song, have been worked out
properly.  I then make sure
that all instruments are sitting in the right space.  E.G, that the bass is
playing what it should
be and that everything else is too.

Next, I make sure that when recording the project, everything is recorded well.
 If something hasn't
been recorded properly then, it's much harder to fix it later on.

then, I do the standard stuff for mixing and mastering.  Get all of the
instruments panned and
volumes set to the right level, in order to creat good stereo seperation in the
mix.  EQ and add
compression where necessary.  I always add a mastering compressor to the main
buss, coming out of
Sonar.  My favourite one for that, is the Wave Arts, Final Plug.

Regards, Phil Muir
P J Muir Productions
Music And Audio Production