[ddots-l] Smallest Buffer Size for Focusrite Pro14?

  • From: Chris Smart <csmart8@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 23:08:05 -0400

Hi guys and Phil.

Just a quick question ... what's the smallest buffer size you've managed to get your Focusrite interface down to?

Right now I'm seeing 128 as the lowest setting, when sampling rate is 96KHZ, and 64 as the lowest when samling freq is 44.1K. Note that's with Firewire latency set to short.

Wern't people getting their units down to 48 or lower? I probably won't be running it that low; I'm just curious to see how far I can push things.

thanks
Chris