[ddots-l] Slightly off topic, new program for blind musicians

  • From: "Joey Stuckey" <stuckey2003@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 13:05:11 -0500

Hi All,

I have been working with computer guru and musician Robert Moerland to up date
his Brest Practice program to make it blind friendly.

Well, success! It is now accessible with JFW 50 or higher, probably older
versions will work as well as the interface is fairly simple.

I am going to write a help file for JFW users which will be available on my:
www.blindresources.info site and also on Robert's as well, however, I am not
sure that it will be really needed.

I think that any one that has used JFW for a month or so should be able to get
it quick.

The program allows you to take just about any audio file and slow it down for
practice you can loop parts of songs and pitch shift as well.

It sounds amazing!

Check it out at:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~mp2004/bp

I am pasting the list of keyboard commands below:

    Speed:
          F5: Increase speed with 10%
          Shift F5: Decrease speed with 10%
          F6: Increase speed with 1%