[ddots-l] Session drummer 2 questions.

  • From: John Schucker <gwynn@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 02:50:29 -0600

Speaking of routing to separate outputs, I tried it tonight. I'm apparently doing something wrong. Here's what I did.

I inserted SD2 and told it to create all audio outputs stereo. I didn't include a midi source figuring I'd just output one of the existing midi tracks. I loaded a kit into SD2. I then went to each pad and changed its output, but I'm guessing those aren't audio things but midi channels now that I think of it. So the kick was still at 1, I set the snare to 2, etc. BTW, why doesn't pad 6 let me get to any parameters, any ideas? Tabbing just plays the pad sound again. This is under sonar 6.2 producer, but I'm upgrading, yay! So maybe that'll fix it.

Going back into the tracks, I got no sound whatsoever. Somebody care to point me at the relevant documentation for routing each drum to a different output in SD2? I thought it was the drum map manager, but the CT docs seem to tell me I'm wrong. I'm obviously missing something, no great surprise there. Oh while we're on SD2, here's another question.

This is just me being dumb again because I'm sure this is explained somewhere. But how do I go about editting a .prog file? I was listening to the demo where Gord editted the patterns to take out the fills. Well I did build up a basic rhythm on my own with SD2, but the only way I could figure to save it as a pattern was to only have that one track and save it as midi format 0. Now I can insert SD2 in a new project and import that midi into the track and it plays just fine. But of course a .prog file has eight patterns. I'm sure there's a better way to do this and I just don't know what it is.