[ddots-l] Re: SADIE jfw scripts

  • From: "Kylee Maloney" <kylee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 19:31:18 +1200

Hi, Dan and List

I went down this road (or tried to) quite early on in the piece and was told
by the people at SaDie that they have a "hack" (their description) for Jaws.
Just how useful this is, I don't know, though I was warned that it turns the
screen an odd colour.  I do know that recording a single voice (as would be
done when recording audiobooks) would not place many demands on such a
sophisticated system.

SaDie comes with Cedar software and wouldn't I love to get my hands on that!

IT would still be fascinating to hear how it's used by any blind people,
though, as it's very mouse-driven and you have to set up your own hotkeys.

Cheers

Kylee