[ddots-l] Re: Production computer to go!

  • From: "Phil Muir" <ddots@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 11:10:40 +0100

Fwiw! just configured a system  for giggles that's a Quad Core Q6600 2.4ghz
1066fsb with 8 mb cache on:

http://www.music-pc.com/packagebuilder/indexp.cgi?package_id=PCMUSIC05&prebuild_id=CORE2M&action=display

for £1006.08 which, includes delivery.  I got a core duo from Millennium music
who build these systems, for around the same price however, this system that I
configured here, has 3 hard drives, as well as all of the scielent CPU stuff
such as cooler, acousty pack exedra.  My core duo system came with 2 hard
drives.  It's amazing how much quad cores are coming down in price.  Sure, the
processor speed is a bit lower that the speck of the system you have posted
however, this quad core, will overall, have more CPU power.

Regards, Phil Muir
P J Muir Productions
Music And Audio Production
Band website: