[ddots-l] Re: Problem with tracks in Sonar

  • From: "Mike Christer" <christer.christer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 21:58:23 -0000

Hey Laurie!

Don't be scared of it, remember, its there to help you, not hinder!
It really doesn't take much understanding at all...

The time stamp, simply put, refers to the position within a project where the sample was taken from, like, for instance, bar 32 thru34, or 113 thru 119. So, therefore, if you create a sample from bar 32 thru34, for instance, take it away and edit it in something like Sound Forge, when you re-import it, it will begin at bar 32 no matter what you do. So, if you uncheck the checkbox I mentioned previously, then you can import the sample wherever you wish! Get it? It really ain't no great shakes, but I completely understand your techno fear, I used to be the same. After all, these are only names the tech heads have given things, you know, the kinda stuff you find in the good old glossary!

l8r

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lori Duncan" <lori_duncan21@xxxxxxxxxxx>