[ddots-l] Presentation

  • From: "Erik Bryndahl" <erik@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 21:54:22 +0200

Hello list,

I've been on this list for a while now and never really made a presentation of
myself. So I felt it's about time now.

My name is Erik and I've been blind for 20 years now. I live in the southern
part of Sweden, real close to Denmark.
I live here with my fiancé and my daughter who is 11 now. My own age has come
up to 43 this year.

I've been working as a musicteacher at a school with kids between 15 and 19
years old, a school working with pop and rock. Now I'm working with smaller
soundengineering for a what you could call a house of culture.

So that's a big reason for me to read and ask you people on this list things,
since I think it's a very high quality of knowledge on this list. I'm rather
new to using CakeTalking and Sonar and also to soundengineering in general.

While I make this presentation, I would like to check out if there's anyone on
the list who would like to give me feedback on a project I just finished.

I did a U2-song called "Love is blindness" and the main purpose was to "dig in"
to Sonar and CakeTalking and learn more about it.

I made an arrangement that i thought would fit the material and put a bit of
myself in it as well.
I asked my fiancé to do the singing and so she did. The mastering I asked a
friend (Thomas Sandström) to do and he also said yes.

I will paste a link below so you can listen to it if you want to. If the link
doesnt work, copy the link and paste it into the open dialogue in Internet
Explorer.

Regards,  (and sorry for my english writing. )
Erik Bryndahl

The link: http://www.bryndahl.se/musik/loveisblindness.wav

GIF image