[ddots-l] Overflowing Outtakes

  • From: "Jeff Molzow" <jmolzow@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 10:24:17 -0700

Hello All:

This is kind of a follow-up to the question I put to the list several weeks
ago.  I was looking at the associated audio files with a particular project.
I noticed that even though this particular project has only 6 tracks, there
are about 20 associated audio files.  I'm assuming, based on the names,
that these are outtakes or tracks that I've had to do repeated recording of
for whatever reason. I tried to use the Clean Audio folder function and
pointed at my project audio folder and it found nothing to clean.

1> How do I figure out which of these takes are my current or final take for
a given track??
2> How do I disassociate and get rid of the unwanted outtakes?? and
3> Is there a way for me to tell Cakewalk not to create outtakes at all??

I can create bundle files, but I'm concerned that the  outtakes may come
along and not save me any space. I'm using Cakewalk Sonar 2.2 with the 3.1
scripts on a 2.4 gigahertz machine with Windows XP Pro.  Any assistance
would be appreciated before I run out of hard drive space.

Thanks for your help
Jeff Molzow

** ddots-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** and in the Subject line type