[ddots-l] Re: Omnisphere sounds

  • From: Bryan Smart <bryansmart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 20:40:09 -0400

You don't really want them. They don't add other sounds to the Motif. They're
basically like self-contained synths. It is like you just put another
synthesizer in the Motif and hard wired their outputs together. The FM and
analog boards only can be used for 1 sound each at a time, and they don't show
up on the first 16 channels that the internal sequencer can access. The XG
board can do 16 channels at once, but it, also, is like a separate synth. It
can't use any of the Motif's effects (except the master effect). It is also
hard to access from the internal sequencer.

That stuff isn't worth your time unless you just really enjoy a technical
struggle. That's mostly why they were dropped in the XS. Difficult to use, and
they don't integrate well with the Motif.

Bryan