[ddots-l] O.T. Need DAISY reader on either Windows XP or Lion based computer

  • From: Kevin L Gibbs <kevjazz@xxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 14:32:21 -0600

guys,
Quite a while ago, I received a book which was said to have been read with four levels of DAISY navigation. I have tried to find a DAISY reader for the Mac and actually downloaded one. However, while it would identify the contents of the inserted CD as a talking book, Olearia would not open it. FYI, most of the files on the disk were .mp3. I didn't see any files that corresponded to the file types that Olearia was said to recognize. this book was prepared by the Minnesota State Services for the blond. they prepared it over a year ago and I'm only now getting to dealing with it. so, if they did something wrong, or if I need something else, I can't tactfully go back to them.

As I explained just now, the book's contents seem to be in .mp3 format. However, since it's a 500 page text book, simply reading it from beginning to end will be extremely disappointing. Can anyone suggest where I can find another DAISY program that I can use on either an XP Service Pack 3 machine, or a Lion based Mac Mini to read this book with some ability to navigate it other than from beginning to end?

thanks,
Kevin

__._,_.___
RECENT ACTIVITY: