[ddots-l] Re: O.T. IPods And ITunes

  • From: <ole@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 22:55:56 +0200

hi Kevin

To be honest I don't know. I was just told from some iPod users, that swiching to the alternative Rockbox firmware also alters the interaction with iTunes. But I am sure, that the www.rockbox.org site will give some answers to that. They have a special FAQ for blind users. The Rockbox firmware is not developed with the blind users in mind but for the car driving users, who need to watch the trafic while handeling their mp3 player. But it works very well. I am using my iRiver MP3 player both for listening to music on a daily basis and for professional sound recordings. It was a new world opening, when I could suddently navigate the menues and libraries on an mp3 player for the first time. And then the software is even free.

kind regards Ole

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin L. Gibbs" <kevjazz@xxxxxxx>