[ddots-l] Re: Never Heard Drums Played Like This On A Keyboard Before

  • From: "Steve Wicketts" <steve.wicketts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 23:28:18 +0100

Hi Mike,

I believe you can load addictive drums but you don't have access to the separate microphones and I don't believe we have the access to enable us to have separate audio tracks for each drum.

If we come away from Andrei's fabulous performance and just look at the drum kits. They all were very realistic but like Sonivox pluggins they lack real presence when added to a mix. You may have heard Andrei saying that some of the cymbals were too loud, well he has no way of being able to adjust them.

Superior you have all the audio tracks, you're able to change the level of each audio track, you can add effects to individual drums, this is as you know very important when getting the kit to sound right for your mix.

I thought the snares, Toms and the cymbals on addictive drums were very crisp. I wasn't impressed by the bass drums and cow bells.

Superior's bass drums are so good you almost have to hold them back.

If Andrei had used Superior, it would have sounded superior. lol

I'm sure Phil will chime in with a more detailed comparison.

Steve W
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Tyo" <mtyo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>