[ddots-l] Re: My first original commission to get a national audients!

  • From: "W. Nick Dotson" <nickdotson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 22:53:52 -0600

Just absolutely gorgious!  Better than Manheim Steamroller, which it reminds me
of a bit.  Loved the sounds--were they all real or?  Particularly loved
orchestral concert snare, suspended cymbals, the harp, and all the bells (was
it a celesta or glokenspiel?  spelling? and I'm to tired to go look it up...).

Nick

--Original Message Text---
From: Matt Brown
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 00:23:14 -0000

Hey everyone, happy Christmas to you all. I would like to share with you my
first commissioned work that is currently being
performed at the NEC Birmingham here in the UK at an event called the Magic of
Christmas celebration. The event organisers
anticipated around 65 thousand visitors in all, plus of course my work was used
as the musical themes for all radio and TV
advertising for the event as well, so I feel very humbled that my little
composition has achieved such notoriety so quickly.

I know there are some on the list who are very highly trained classical
musicians, so I ask you not to judge my terrible
compositional fopas to harshly.

I would love any feedback, because it can only help me write better material in
the future, so all comments welcome.

You can currently hear the composition in full by clicking on the address
below, but please note you will need Flash player
installed. You won't have to navigate the site, the music starts playing as
soon as you arrive on the homepage.

http://www.magic-of-christmas.com/splash.html

Many thanks for taking the time to read this, and if you do take a few minutes
to go and listen, less than 5 minutes I promise,
then I certainly hope you will enjoy hearing it as much as I enjoyed writing
it.

Regards and best wishes,

Matt Brown