[ddots-l] Re: Mixing Latency in Sonar

  • From: "Rich Caloggero" <rjc@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 19:27:08 -0400

You ask:

>Should I be surprised if I need to take it down to 64 or 32 instead of 256 or
>128?

This uestion makes me think your looking at the wrong value.
You want to look in the general tab of the audio dialog. This is the first tab
that comes up when the dialog appears.

The very last field in that dialog says "ASIO panel...". When you click it, you
should get another dialog which has at least a slider and a checkbox. Now,
perhaps this dialog is specific to the sound card / driver you have, in which
case I may be leading you astray here.  In my setup (I have an edirol UA5), I
get one slider which sets latency, a checkbox labelled "use smaller buffer
size" (have no idea what this means), and one other button which says
"uninstall".  If you focus on the slider, then press jawsKey+s to set your text
out to "all" rather than highlight, then when you move the slider you will hear
the new value in milliseconds each time you press an arrow key. Don't forget to
use the jawsKey+s key to set jaws back to "highlight" mode, otherwise you will
get lots of senseless chatter from Jaws.

Hope this helps.
-- Rich