[ddots-l] Re: Microphone

  • From: "Steve Wicketts" <steve.wicketts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 20:59:21 -0000

Hi Dennis,

Shure microphones are very good, I use the Beta 87A. It suits my personal vocal range and tone texture.

If you sing high register, I've found Bayer, AKG, and Sennheiser to handle this well. Something like the Shure Beta58 for middle register and Shure 87a for middle to low.

Not heard the Rode series, however, if the guys on this forum say they're good, they're good!

This subject is a bit like what are the most comfortable shoes, it's personal to you, most vocal microphones over the £100 mark are very good these days.

Steve W

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dennis Madsen" <dennis.madsen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>