[ddots-l] Re: M-audio Project Mix I O

  • From: "W. Nick Dotson" <nickdotson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 08:02:14 -0600

What processor and OS for use with the 1010, and did I miss what software for
recording?

Nick

--Original Message Text---
From: Lewisjalexander@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 05:39:00 EST

hi there.

well as I've been confortable with m-audio equipment for a good long time, I've
always found it consistent through and through.
always been happy with the audio quality and handling. tested and used a tascam
fw1884 on location and just hated it after 2
hours. its handling, the feel of the fader movements, the stability and its
quirks with jaws were enough to make me wanna
throw it off stage so some random person could walk off with it hahahaha lol.

the project mix I/O is so comfortable for me to use and I love the fact that I
can just use all inputs at once with no issues. I'm
so pleased that they cane out with this system.

what I'd love to see is a full 24 channel version of this (25 motorised faders,
24 line ins and xlrs with individual phantom power.
all the usuals from the project mix I/O. now that would make me seriously happy
for work so I could take my laptop out to a gig
and do professional 24 channel stage work rather than taking my tower out.

M-Audio have been very supportive with me when I built my pro audio system
(tower). I went for 3 M-audio delta 1010 rack
cards and a delta 2496 for jaws alone. got everything configured and built my
stage looms for the rig. use a behringer MX9000
console and love it to bits. I wouldnt touch a mackie 24-8 desk if you payed
me. used to use one at work and hated it so
much. if someone made a console which felt great to work with, was easy enough
to rig and had inbuilt VU rather than the
mackie's detachable seperately sold meterbridge. now thats not for my use but
for a client who would want to see what's going
on. after all I work for fully sighted and V.I clients

Am toying with buying a yamaha O1X console as well for certain work mainly to
go with my yamaha motif ES8 and the mlan
card and have tested the O1X and just fell in love with it. so thats next in my
toolkit.

lew