[ddots-l] Re: M-audio Oxygen 8 v2

  • From: "Tina E" <tina-e@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 16:21:39 -0700

Hello there, DJX

Well, something called Oxygen 8 preset 5 is listed.

A few newbie questions about the whole ACT and MIDI learn thing.

Is there somewhere I can read about how that works?  I'd like to
assign my knobs to something other than volume or pan, but how do I
select other parameters to set them to?

I find where it lets you set the parameters, numbers 1 through 4, but
how do I tell it what parameter I want?  Say Velocity, or something?

I assume that I turn ACT learn on, and can get it to tell me to left
click, move a control, and then left click again, but I have no idea
how to tell it what I want that to stand for.

Either that, or could someone please send me the ACT XML file to
import?  *grin*

I am finding where there are 375 choices to set the buttons,
presumably number 1 through 16, but I can't be completely sure, since
JFW says what list item I'm on, but not what that particular list is.
I've up and down arrowed through the list, to see what each one is set
to, and it lists a separate function for each.

Though I don't really have a whole lot of a clue how this act thing
works, it's been educational to browse through the various dialog
boxes for all of it.

Thank you very kindly for any other tips or pointers, or suggestions
for where I can read up on some of it.

Tina E
Please feel free to visit my blog,
Tina's Virtual BackPack: