[ddots-l] Re: Line 6 Pod HD500 - It's Very Useable

  • From: Chris Smart <csmart8@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 15:35:56 -0500

Hi Jay.
Here's a difficult question. How does it "feel" playing through the HD500?

I havne't been a fan of Line6 in the past, because I always felt an odd disconnect between what my hands were doing ontthe guitar, and what my ears were hearing. It sounded fine if someone else played through the same gear, but I always felt like I was across the room from the amp or something.

But, that was with older POD's and amps, and I gather there is several times the DSP horsepower in the new HD units. So it probably responds a lot better.

How are the slightly broken up tones, like a slightly distorted Fender type sound? That's the area where my Digitek RP1000 doesn't quite have it. The clean tones are great, and so ar ethe high gain metal or hard rock tones. But that smoother slightly distorted bluesy thing seems to be harder to get.

thanks
Chris