[ddots-l] Re: Korg Pa588 Digital Piano and Arranger Keyboard

  • From: "Mike Tyo" <mtyo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 14:02:13 -0400

Hi Neville,

I use an 88-note keyboard to trigger some of my soft synths; it's not being made any more, and it's not really what you'd consider to be a traditional midi controller. I eventually will have one of the new Roland digital pianos that'll give me some controller capabilities along with some decent sounds. I forget what model number it is, but it incorporates this supernatural technology in the digital piano section, plus it has a bunch of other sounds that are up-to-date as far as Roland's sound engines are concerned. I think it's the RD-700 - but don't quote me on that. I had to scrap plans to obtain this unit due to unneeded economic suffering that's going on right now. The unit I'm using, the Technics P-30 stage piano, works so-so as a midi controller. Panasonic Company never paid much attention to insuring that the midi interface worked as it should on these products, so every now and then I have to restart everything because it won't respond to commands to reset controllers as expected. The P-30 doesn't have any way of assigning sliders or foot switches to controllers, so it's extremely limited in what it can do beyond basic playing of the keyboard with a damper foot switch. It'll simply have to suffice until I can get this other unit in here.

Mike

----- Original Message ----- From: "Neville Peter" <neville@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>