[ddots-l] Re: Jaws problem

  • From: "Sean A. Cummins" <Sean@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 02:08:39 -0700

Dear Jason,

Look over all of your JAWS settings and your windows display settings. Remember... you really need to disable all of the Windows advanced display settings and the advanced appearance settings.

Also, disable all of your advanced Mouse and curser settings as well. Dancing Dots has documented this in great detail as well.

You might try using the (repair) JAWS option in the JAWS group icon under the (Programs) menu. Often this will fix some anomalies that seem to just creep into your JAWS behavior.

This one is for all of the JAWS users out there!

For quite some time now I have been appealing to the Freedom Scientific crowd to get them to understand. That the JAWS users out here would gladly pay for a version of JAWS that had no new bells or whistles , but was completely worked over and all of the known issues and bugs were fixed! To this day I have yet to find one person that disagrees with this. I would ask that you would take the time to shoot them a note or simply give them a call and express your sentiments in this regard. I did finally get the attention of one manager that said he would bring this up with the program directors. If enough of us ask nicely for there services and that we are not looking for a handout, I think we might finally get some resolve for our long standing frustrations.

Remember, be nice and appreciative for what they have done for us!!

Take care,

Sean A. Cummins