[ddots-l] Jaws Craching!

  • From: "Sean A. Cummins" <Sean@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 07:57:56 -0700

Dear Gordon,
I called you last week before you went to the conference in L.A. regarding a problem I'm now having with JAWS and Sonar 4 and 5.

To give you a brief overview, I am using an Alien Area 51 7700 with 3.8 Duel cur processor, 3 Gb of hyper threading Ram, 256 video ram on a NVDIA GeForce Go 6800 Ultra adaptor, duel 60 Gb serial ATA 7800 rpm hard in a SCSI RAID 0 array, and a SoundBlaster Audigy 2Z PCMCIA sound card for JAWS output with a Tascam FW-1884 for my digital audio interface for Sonar. All on board sound devices have been disabled and a 80 Gb partition has been setup for digital audio only with Windows XP, Sonar Producer 4 and 5 and JAWS 6.2 only. I have followed all recommended articles from CakeWalk and any other optimizing articles I could find from Microsoft.

Now after working successfully for several month, JAWS will seem to cause the audio to skip or hick-up once or twice and then JAWS will completely leave the memorie and Sonar will often stop and sometimes crash.

Up until about 3 weeks ago, this has been an absolute dream machine working almost flawlessly.

I have formatted the 80 Gb partition 7 time in the last week trying to reconfigure the system back to the perfection I once new.

Freedom Scientific has no suggestions for the issue and the only way I can now work is to unload JAWS before I go into record or playback.

Please give me any ideas you might have.

Take Care,

Sean A. Cummins