[ddots-l] Internal sound card

  • From: "G. McFarlane" <gmcf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 03:41:30 +0100

Hi
I'm totally new to Sonar Producer and the scripts so please bear with me.
I have a new PC with a dual XP and Vista boot. Can anyone advise me of the
following?
1. Can I put Sonar on both partitions?
2. Most Important answer required: I have Sonar on Vista partition. I also have
a Sound Max internal soundcard with quite a number of channels )I think for
different speaker formations). When I load up Sonar it appears to disable this
card for use in Sonar. Is this normal or is my soundcard incompatible. I also
have an Alesis Multimix usb2 mixer and a Zoom H4 which both can be interfaced
with Sonar. I understand that these latter 2 devices are better to use with
Sonar but I would at times like to use my internal soundcard. I've played
around a bit with the Audio settings in Sonar, but as yet can't get any sound
out of the program.
Is any help or advice available?
Regards.
Gordon McFarlane