[ddots-l] Inaccessible CakeTalk effects.

  • From: John Schucker <gwynn@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2011 18:57:53 -0500

Hi. I quote from CT's document on accessible effects.

6. Note that there are a number of Real Time audio effects that were previously made accessible by CakeTalking, but for various reasons, are no longer accessible. These include: Cakewalk's FX Dynamics Processor, FX Compressor/Gate, FX Expander/Gate, FX2TapeSim, Amp Sim, and Pitch Shifter. However, there are other accessible effects that do an even better job than the latter now inaccessible effects.

I'm going to assume the dynamics, compressor, gate, Etc. are accessible via the Sonitus effects, e.g. the compressor. I assume the amp sim is ... what, guitar rig 3? Although I thought that was only partially accessible? I still don't know what the pitch shifter alternative is though, or the tape sim, and I'm guessing at the rest.

Can we get some sort of information, preferrably from DD but I'll take it from anybody, on just what these superior accessible effects are? I mean, as an example, with pitch shifter I could insert it as a real time effect and, well, have the pitch shifted. What does that now? How do I accomplish that? Or is this like some sort of obscure scavenger hunt? Yep, there are better accessible effects, have fun working that out!