[ddots-l] Re: I'm back on the list with a question

  • From: "Kevin L. Gibbs" <kevjazz@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 23:54:12 -0800

Rod,
        As I explained in my post, the problem is that an external drive
must be compatible with both computers. His old computer probably would
accept a SCSI drive while his new one would probably expect a fire wire
drive.  With no common interface, there's no way to move material
between the two units.  Therefore, .BUN files or network connections
between the two machines represent his best hope.
Kevin