[ddots-l] Re: I'm back on the list with a question

  • From: "Kevin L. Gibbs" <kevjazz@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 21:34:55 -0800

Ross,
        In Cakewalk, you could save your stuff as bundle files with the
.BUN extension.  Are you telling me that the resulting .BUN file is over
650MB for one project? If not, that's the way to go. Chances are that
your old computer used SCSI as a common transfer scheme and your new one
will use fire wire.  So, .BUN is the way to go.
        The other option you have is to network your computers together.
Assuming your new computer is using XP Home or Professional, using the
network wizard to network your two computers together should be fairly
simple.  First, get a crossover cable to connect your computers via
their Ethernet ports. Important:  This is NOT a standard internet
Ethernet cable but a special crossover cable you will have to buy or
have made for this particular purpose.  Connect he two computers
together using this cable and then use the network wizard on the XP
computer to create a network consisting of your two computers.  Make the
XP the host computer. Create a floppy disk according to the instructions
in the network wizard and once your two computers recognize each other,
start transferring files between the two.
Kevin