[ddots-l] If anybody's interested...

  • From: "Mike Tyo" <mtyo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ddots-l" <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2013 15:07:35 -0400

Hi List,

As you know, I've been on a sort of quest to find a vocal doubling/multiplier
so as to avoid having to spend a lot of time overdubbing, especially if I use
the VVocal Editor to create harmony. To make a long story slightly shorter, I
started playing around with the Cakewalk FXChorus, and I came up with what I
think is a halfway decent preset for vocals. I spent time adjusting the delay
time, modulation width, and modulation frequency for the four voices, and it
sounds quite natural. It's spread out evenly over the stereo spectrum, and it
sounds good in mono as well. I tried to get it so that you can't hear cycles of
modulation - or at least it's less obvious.

So if anybody's interested in this preset, let me know and I'll send it to you
off-list. I may add more to the library, but right now I was interested in
coming up with one for vocals. After pricing the Waves Doubler plug, I figured
it was time to give an effect that we already have in Sonar the old college
try. If you don't like it, just trash it and forget about it - and shoot the
jackass it rode in on.

Cheers!

Mike