[ddots-l] Re: I/O buffer size and latency

  • From: "Gordon Kent" <dbmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 03:13:01 -0400

Guys:
The disk i/o used to be set at 64 by default. This was determined to be too low so it was raised to 128. It must be a power of 2 like that. You can raise it even more if you like, the only adverse effect to that will be a delay when you press play or record because the buffers will load first. 128 really should be fine. I've played projects with 30 or more audio tracks with no problems. Most dropout problems are really not caused by disk i/o these days.
Gord
----- Original Message ----- From: "Phil Halton" <philhalt@xxxxxxxxxxx>