[ddots-l] Re: Good guitar mic.

  • From: "Michael Christer" <mc3203@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 11:44:55 -0000

Hey Shawn!

I know what you mean about an SM 57 not being good for recording acoustic
guitars, but this is not strictly true!

If used in combination with a C1000, for instance, a great sound can be
achieved.
It is totally subjective!  If you want to record a beautiful Taylor or Lowden,
playing a touching phrase or something very sensitive, then an SM 57 ainn't the
mike for you, but, if you want to record someone thrashing  a Takamine, then
the 57 is just the ticket!

Not trying to be argumentative, just giving the benefit of my experience...

Regards,

Mike