[ddots-l] Re: Garritan Personal Orchestra 4 with Sonar

  • From: D!J!X! <megamansuperior@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 10:03:14 -0400

Hi, if you are serious about orchestral stuff, meaning this will be used for
an orchestral piece or where these instruments will be in the spotlight, I'd
look elsewhere. They are usable and OK, but there is better. Regarding the
ARIA player, it is surprisingly accessible. You can load channels and set
outputs without even bothering anything but the jaws cursor. I'm developing
a detailed hsc set for it, since I am making some libraries that will run on
the ARIA Player, it is still in the works however and not ready for release.
But you could get by on basic stuff with just jaws cursoring.

Now if you were looking for other things, now that thanks to Steve over at
www.vipaudioaccess.com we have some access to Native Instrument's Kontakt.
With that you can now access it's own library which has some of Vienna
Symphonic Orchestra's older samples (bettter than Garritan IMO), you can get
some of East West's older libraries as well (the none-play engine ones),
which are awesome, and various other companies have libraries that apeal to
one or other area of the orchestral family. ProjectSam, CineSamples, Virtu
Instruments, SpitFire and various others. Vienna and East West go without
saying :)

If you just want something to mask behind other instruments, or to play a
supporting part, with careful programming and editing, you can get by with
Garritan's Personal Orchestra.

Regards, D!J!X!