[ddots-l] Focusrite safire 6 problems

  • From: "Nickus de Vos" <bigboy529@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Dancing dots <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 16:46:15 +0200

Hi all, i just got my focusrite safire 6, i installed the drivers, plugged it
in and opend sonar. When i plug in a mic and get level it sounds as if it's
distorting and there's a slight delay, this happens at about -5 dB SO I'M NOT
TOO LOUD. I prosume it's a latency problem and i have no clue to fix it,
firstly in audio options at driver mode, which is best to select, wasapi,
wdm/ks, asio or mme 32 bit? Then the playback and record buffers are set to
256, on the general tab it's set to 16 bit 44.1 KHz, buffers in playback q is
on 2 and buffer size is 5%. I would appriciate any help when it comes to
drivers, buffers and latency i'm a nobody.,

ddots-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject�q or